Friday, January 11, 2008

Austin Day 2

We had fun seeing the sights today. The sister took us up to the top of "Mount" Bonnell to get a view of the area. Now after having been to Alaska, I no longer really count WV's mountains as real mountains, but this was pretty much just a large hill. We went to a nature conservatory and saw lots of peacocks and squirrells. My `rents arrived mid afternoon and, after eating, we hit Book People, one of my favorite independent bookstores, and later tried to see the bats fly from under the bridge, but the parking is kind of nonexistent there cause of some construction, so we wound up missing them.

GASTRONOMICAL JOURNAL: Ate homemade breakfast tacos, jalapeno boudain (that I found in an H.E.B. grocery store) and toast at the seester's place. Ate a late lunch at Casa Garcia consisting of the Casa Especial plate, which had a taco, enchilladas, queso dip, rice, beans guacamole, etc. and more chips than anyone has any business eating. It was fantastic. Ate a prailene. Ate some amazingly good trail mix that the wife made from igredients picked up in the bulk bins down at the hippy market (a.k.a. the Whole Market down by Book People and Waterloo, I can't remember the street). I also enjoyed a Sam Adams and a white russian, though only one each. So far I'm holding up admirably.

1 comment:

Canadian Girl said...

Your Gastronomical Journal is making me drool. Yum!


An employee of a small town "liberry" chronicles his quest to remain sane while dealing with patrons who could star in a short-lived David Lynch television series.