Wednesday, December 03, 2003

UGH!!

I'm at the library and am having a spectacularly crappy day so far.


  • I had to open today at 9.



  • I forgot to set my alarm and woke up at 8:20.



  • Had to quickly gather clothes, coffee and breakfast, which I was planning to take with me to eat here. Coffee took far longer than necessary so I wound up leaving the house at 8:40.



  • My commute is 15 minutes, on a good day.



  • 8:55, I roll in to the "Liberry" and realize I forgot my breakfast! (Though I did manage to get my coffee.)



  • The person who closed the library last night did an irresponsibly poor job, the trash is brimming over and the stupid carpet runner to the door is filthy (mostly because patrons insist on wiping their feet on it despite the fact that it is NOT a doormat and that there's a perfectly usable doormat RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE EFFing DOOR!!!!)



  • And someone has already called to ask what time we close.


  • So now I'm hungry and cranky and probably have a tendency to snarl at people. It can only get better from here.

    No comments:


    An employee of a small town "liberry" chronicles his quest to remain sane while dealing with patrons who could star in a short-lived David Lynch television series.