Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Actual Conversations Heard in Actual Libraries #118

SETTING: My "liberry" as Mr. B-Natural, cr0ssw0rd puzzle addict and grumpiest old man in all the world, walks up to me at the circ desk.

MR. B-NATURAL-- Hey, I found the Wa11street Journa1 from Friday. Except the last section in it is missing again. That's the section that has the crossword puzzle in it and somebody keeps coming in here and taking it every week. You ought to find out who keeps taking it. And string `em up from the nearest tree.

ME-- Okay.

MR. B-NATURAL-- (Looks at me a bit suspiciously)

ME-- No, that sounds reasonable.

MR. B-NATURAL-- (Smiles and walks away)

2 comments:

MrAnonymous said...

I thought you were going to do the crossword and do it completely wrong, in pen.

Juice S. Aaron said...

I would, but somebody keeps stealing it.


An employee of a small town "liberry" chronicles his quest to remain sane while dealing with patrons who could star in a short-lived David Lynch television series.