Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Turkey Calling

I’m taking a few days off from work so that the wife and I can head out for Turkey Day festivities. This year we’re not doing the huge multi-state Thanksgiving Tour that we did last year. We’re still going through multiple states but only as we trek our way to Missouri and back, which is mostly just Kentucky.

We’re going to do the journey in legs this year, as it’s around an 11 hour trip and a miserable one at that. Every time we do it in one leg we swear that next time we’ll do it in two and we always forget and always regret it. This time I remembered and suggested we stop off mid-way. That way, we won’t be rushed, we can catch dinner and a movie and have some nice vacation down time before the chaos of Thanksgiving ensues.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m looking forward to it, as I’ve not seen any of my Missouri relatives since this time last year. There are new babies to see and new stories to hear and tell. (Not to mention lots of tasty carb-laden food to chow on.) I’ve also not seen my parents since last January and they’re coming up Thursday with my sister in tow.

While I’m there, I’m going to try and pop in the local library and maybe drop off an update or two. The last time I visited that particular branch it proved just as crazy as my own. That time, however, the crazy was happening on the staff side of the desk.

No comments:


An employee of a small town "liberry" chronicles his quest to remain sane while dealing with patrons who could star in a short-lived David Lynch television series.