Saturday, November 13, 2004

Mr. Asshole, the Good Patron

Conference Week: Day 4 


8:53 a.m.-- Upon my arrival at work this morning, I spied a fresh copy of the contractor's manual on our hold shelf. I've since confirmed in the deposits folder and his patron record that Mr. Asshole did indeed return his copy of it last night and has gotten his deposit for it back. Now I just have to get the story on it from Mrs. B, cause ya just KNOW that guy didn't turn loose of it without bitching and moaning.

11:58 a.m.-- The other patron who had our other copy of the contractor's manual checked out came back to renew it. I warned him someone, i.e. Mr. Asshole, might already have it on hold in which case I would have to have it. Unfortunately for Mr. Asshole, he failed to ask for a hold to be placed on it when he returned our first copy yesterday, so it renewed perfectly for the other patron. Mr. Asshole is SOL at his own fault.

No comments:


An employee of a small town "liberry" chronicles his quest to remain sane while dealing with patrons who could star in a short-lived David Lynch television series.