Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Open for Business

Welcome to Tales from the "Liberry" my first official BLOG. I've done bloggy bits and pieces over the years, but this is my first foray into blogging proper. I've been threatening to do this for quite some time now, particularly on days when the patrons of the small town West Virginia library in which I work seem a little too close to being David Lynch film-extras. Basically, there are so many unbelievably interesting and frightening characters who cross my path on a regular basis that I can no longer allow such great material to go to waste. (Particularly since so many of the better ones keep dying or getting packed off to jail.)

Mind you, it's not exactly a non-stop thrill ride, particularly since I only work there around three days out of the week. But between new material generated when I'm there and my immense backstock of tales yet untold, I'm confident I can sustain a proper blog. At any rate, I'm going to give it a month to see how it goes and proceed from there.

So come on in and leaf through the shelves. Loan time is two weeks and Fridays are Fine Free. Be sure to check the hours on the door, cause we don't open til 1 p.m. on Mondays. (We're usually inside anyway, shaking our heads in disbelief as we listen to the tenth oblivious soul in a row banging on the locked front door to get in. We've tried putting up bigger and more obvious signs, but we've found it really doesn't matter. People don't look at signs no matter how large and they just try to come on in anyway.)

No comments:


An employee of a small town "liberry" chronicles his quest to remain sane while dealing with patrons who could star in a short-lived David Lynch television series.